Who We Are
Quest IT Support Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Quest IT Support’s registered office is at Craigie House, Forgan Drive, Drumoig, Fife KY16 0DW and we are a company registered in Scotland under company number SC516437. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA328949.
Information That We Collect
Quest IT Support Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Telephone Number
We collect information in the below ways: –
Information that you provide to us. You will be asked to provide us with your information when you:
- correspond with us by phone, email, in person or otherwise;
- fill in forms on our Website
If you submit any data relating to a third party, you must ensure you have obtained clear permission from the individual whose data you provide us with before sharing that data with us.
Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information;
- technical information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and analytical purposes; and
- details of your visits to, and activity on, our Website.
Information we receive from other sources. We may collect personal data provided to us by third parties (such as market research providers and business data repositories).
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Quest IT Support takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- Consent: Where you have consented to our use of your information (you are providing explicit, informed, freely given consent, in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent by notifying us)
- Contract performance: We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address
- Legal obligation: We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- Legitimate interests: We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
You have the right to access any personal information that we processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers contracted to Quest IT Support Ltd in the course of dealing with you to provide the services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
All information you provide to us is stored on our, or our subcontractors’, secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policy and standards.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services and products, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Changes to this notice
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page, and where appropriate, notified to you by email We therefore encourage you to review it from time to time to stay informed of how we are processing your information.
Date of last revision: May 2018
Questions, comments and requests regarding this notice are welcome and should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
Phone: 01334 845 035
Post: Craigie House, Forgan Drive, Drumoig, Fife KY16 0DW
Lodging A Complaint
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns